BioTE for Men in North Texas
- Why Men Need Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Low T in American Men Is Increasing
- What Is Male Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Benefits of HRT for Men
- How Much Does BHRT Cost?
- BioTE for Men
- Three Simple Steps to Get Started
- Schedule Your Consultation
When we think of hormone replacement, we think of menopausal women seeking help for their symptoms of hot flashes, low libido, etc. However, hormone therapy for men is becoming more commonplace as men realize they are suffering and need relief from their hormonal imbalances.
In his practice of over 30 years, Dr. Fliedner has earned a reputation for bringing “life” back into his patients. He takes the time needed to evaluate each of his patients and prescribe a custom hormone therapy that delivers relief. While he prescribes hormone therapy via topical creams, transdermal patches, and injections, he prefers BioTE pellet therapy because of its effectiveness, safety, and ease.
Why Men Need Hormone Replacement Therapy
Testosterone is a vital part of men’s health. We all know it as the male sex hormone that regulates libido and sperm count, but testosterone is also significant to a man’s body fat distribution, muscle mass, and strength. It helps regulate his mood and energy levels. Imbalances in this key hormone can lead to a host of health issues that we usually associate with age.
Beginning in their 30s, men experience lower levels of testosterone and symptoms that arise from this condition. Doctors diagnose this period of life characterized by a depletion of testosterone as “andropause” or male menopause. Low testosterone – “low T” – can impact the way a man looks, feels, and performs. Symptoms of low T in men include hair loss, loss of muscle mass, impaired sexual function, impaired work performance, impaired cognitive ability, poor sleep, poor mood or depression, increased risk of disease, and a higher mortality rate.
Low T in American Men Is Increasing
Men have less testosterone today than a hundred years ago. According to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, more than one out of four men aged 30 or older suffer from low testosterone, and today’s average 30-year-old man has approximately 17 percent less testosterone than a 30-year-old male at the start of the 21st century. While the study cannot report the causes of this increasing low T among American men, it urges more studies to be done to help in the prevention of this growing health concern among American men.
What Is Male Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Male Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) utilizes hormones that are chemically identical to the hormones produced by a man’s body. Within time, BHRT restores a man’s hormonal levels to a balanced state so that his body can function at its best. Unlike synthetic hormones, bioidentical hormones share the same molecular makeup as the body’s hormones. The result is his body accepts these hormones without side effects. In contrast, synthetic hormone replacement therapy is associated with a higher risk of heart attack, stroke, breast cancer, and blood clots.
Dr. Fliedner prefers the bioidentical hormones in the BioTE pellets because he can prescribe a unique prescription of hormones to deliver the exact amount that a man’s body needs to regain balance. Every prescription of BioTE for men is different and delivers customized levels of bioidentical hormones.
Benefits of BHRT for Men
- Improve cognitive function, including focus and memory
- Increase and maintain bone density
- Heighten or revive sex drive or “libido”
- Improve erectile dysfunction (for men with mild ED onset by low T)
- Improve cholesterol levels
- Improve blood sugar regulation
- Decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Build muscle strength and energy
- Increase endurance
- Improve sleep
- Improve motivation and drive
- Boost mood and confidence
“As a 65-year-old soon to be 66, I had lost my libido. A girlfriend of mine recommended the BIO-T pellet. I located Dr. Fliedner and discussed all of the options for HRT and the benefits of the pellet. I opted for the pellet, and let me tell you, my life and personal relationship with my husband, who is 7 years younger, has changed forever! Our relationship is a million times better than it was when we first met 35 years ago! Not only has that made life wonderful – I feel like I am in my twenties again! Full of energy, happy, vivacious, healthy, losing weight, and living life to the fullest! Please believe me, no matter your age or situation, hormones can put you through hell! This will make you feel like you are on Cloud 9!” B. Fitts (Google reviews)
How Much Does BHRT Cost?
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is customized to meet the specific needs of each patient. Therefore, the cost varies per individual. During your consultation, Dr. Fliedner will discuss prices in detail.
BioTE for Men
To ensure his patients receive the highest quality treatment during their hormone therapy, Dr. Fliedner recommends BioTE pellets; however, he also prescribes BHRT via topical creams, transdermal patches, and injections, depending on his patient’s preference. During your initial consultation, Dr. Fliedner will discuss your lifestyle and medical preferences to prescribe the therapy that best suits you.
BioTE pellets are a custom prescription of bioidentical hormones concentrated in a pellet the size of a tic-tac. These pellets slowly release a consistent amount of hormones over a period of 16 weeks.
Dr. Fliedner prefers the BioTE pellets over other BHRT delivery systems for several reasons:
- Fast and painless: Dr. Fliedner implants the pellet beneath the fatty layer of skin near the hip. Local anesthetic ensures the placement of the implant is comfortable and pain-free. The in-office procedure typically takes 15 minutes to complete.
- No downtime: Moments after the pellet insertion, the patient is back to his daily activities. No time is needed to recover.
- Convenient: The patient does not need to remember when to take the medication. There are no injections, gels, patches, or creams to mess with.
- Consistent: The pellets deliver the most consistent release of hormones of any BHRT delivery type. It doesn’t rely on human application and is not affected by human error in forgetting to take a dose.
- Customized dosing: Dr. Fliedner performs a blood test to customize your hormone pellet to address your specific hormonal imbalances.
- Long-lasting effect: A typical cycle for pellets is 16 weeks depending on gender, weight, absorption rates, and the amount of deficiency or surplus of hormones present within the patient at the time of insertion.
- Requires fewer office visits: Our patients need to check in only for redosing.
Three Simple Steps to Get Started
- Sign up for a consultation. Call 469-455-1665 or fill out the form on this page.
- Schedule a visit with Dr. Fliedner.
- Office visit: take labs, start meds, and begin feeling great!
Schedule Your Consultation Below
By submitting this form, you agree to be contacted via phone/text/email.
To learn more about BioTE, read our blog about BioTE Pellet Therapy.